I’m a hospitality professional with over 20 years in the industry, ranging from operational management to competency development.
I now manage my own professional services company which focusses on advancing customer service competence across various industries, along with training and development programmes to human resource support.
I am working with and developing disabled personnel, whom need to be recognised more in this industry. The difference is that it isn’t just about giving these students a small job in the industry. I’m interested in building careers in many facets of hospitality.
• Being instrumental in initiating and managing the deaf learnership programme at Protea Hotel by Marriott Balalaika, I am committed to the process of integration at multiple levels into the hotel’s departments as the trainees gain the required skills. In this way, I hope that their training will create a proper, viable career path for deaf professionals.
• Competing in the Cape Legends Inter Hotel Challenge since 2014, in 2015 with a hearing and a deaf candidate helper, and then in 2016 with the first deaf team and Winning the ‘most promising chef’ category and myself the ‘man of the match’, now this year with another female deaf TEAM and the sky is the limit now
• Being able to assist a number of deaf students in having an opportunity to develop and grow in the hospitality industry, and being a part of their growth and development.
• Successfully managing the student programme at Protea Hotel by Marriott Balalaika, and in so doing assisting numerous students find successful careers in the industry
• Starting my own company and being able to focus on my passions and strength.
• 1st recipient of the ‘Rising Star’ award 2017 from the School of Tourism and Hospitality